November 08, 2009

The Road - Trailer 2

the-road-trailer-2.jpg

It's still hard to tell if The Road is going to be an overblown Roland Emmerich of a mess or a post-apocalyptic classic that will do its source material proud, but just from this new trailer I'm ready to give the film its first two awards.

Award 1: Best Score That Makes Me Think the Trailer Will End with Someone Landing on the Moon. I'm not sure if this is the film's actual score or a track lifted from a classic I'm failing to recognize, but hearing it has me on the edge of my seat waiting for that American flag to strike the lunar surface.

Award 2: Most Disarmingly Gratuitous Use of the Wilhelm Scream. If you're going to be that blatant about it, it should at least be followed by a cartoon "splat." Or maybe it was the not-so-famous Howie Scream, I don't know.



No comments: