June 03, 2020

‘There’s A Cat Under The Car’ by Islena Neira

It was all an adventure making this film because there were a lot of new challenges for me as dialogs, light, lots of different characters, watercolor backgrounds, cars, cats, life. I had a pretty clear idea when I wrote it, but once I did the animatic I saw that It was not the way I wanted to tell this story. So I remade it almost entirely before the animatic’s screening at school.

I’m very happy with this film. I had the chance of drawing lots of cats and watch a lot of YouTube videos about cats… ahem… for reference, yes. It was fun making the music, looking for the awesome kids that gave me the voices. I took lots of pictures of Angoulême because I love this place and I wanted the story to happen here. Drawing for this film was very refreshing, It’s so nice when I can be as direct as possible in my drawings.

No comments: