May 17, 2022

The Bad Guys - Proof of Concept (2018)



From Pierre Perifel:
This is where it all started 3 and a half years ago… I isolated for a couple months to do a proof of concept for The Bad Guys movie. It ended up being a fake trailer. We had a first draft of the script, but I wanted to see how it could play on the screen, incorporating the heist genre and my own sense of style, animation and design. I storyboarded the whole thing and shipped it all to my dear animatic editor, John Venzon, to cut it together. Obviously, we used temp music and scratch actors, but ultimately this got us far enough to get us moving into the real deal. Sometimes a proof of concept can be the key to bring everyone onto the same page. Lesson learned, and clearly some of the most creative couple months I ever had. The final film isn’t too far off.

No comments: