July 25, 2012

Delving into Terry Gilliam's Personal Archive


The best find on the internet this week is this little gem; a blog dedicated to showing of Terry Gilliam's personal stash of movie memorabilia and production work, in the words of the blogger (and Terry's daughter):
In October 2011 I took on the mammoth task of organizing my father's archive - all his work from pre-Python days, as a cartoonist, photojournalist & assistant editor for Help! magazine, through all his original artwork and cut-outs for Python animation, posters, logos and generally everything Python, to his storyboards, designs and sketches for his feature films and other non-film related projects (including his opera of "Faust" and that infamous Nike commercial). Why!? Because I have been lucky enough to be surrounded by my father's amazing work all my life and I think it should be seen by everyone so I am organizing the archive so it can eventually be put in a book and an exhibition. Along the (dusty) way I have uncovered absolute gems. I have set up this blog to share my journey and some of the "gems" I find along the way... Enjoy.

See the site.

No comments: