September 25, 2006

Meet Spafford & Barff












My puppets finally came in the mail the other day!
Constructed by the talented Nate Pacheco.

I've been searching for muppet-quality puppets for years,
and now I have found these two little critters and I'm
excited as hell. Of course puppeteering is far more
difficult than I had imagined. I've been practicing for the
past week and realised that transfering your performance
to your hand can be hard work, I feel like my progress
is ever so slow.

Getting the lip sync, the antics, expressions, reactions,
and the timing of hands & head takes a lot of planning and
practice to get it all to work together. With some help
from other animators we're in the process of figuring
things out and there will be some skits and acting tests
posted soon.

1 comment:

ShittyShitLips said...

Holy Crappers Ron! Those are awsome! I've wanted a muppet for soooo long! Thanks for posting the link, I might get one myself!